The PoLRE switch delivers Ethernet and Power over Ethernet over a single pair of wire with up to 1,200ft (365m) reach. This means you can transform your existing, proven reliable voice wiring infrastructure into an IP path ideal for IP Telephony complementing and extending your existing data LAN.
Over 300,000 users have leveraged PoLRE technology to migrate to an all IP Platform avoiding risk, cost, disruption and complexity. With PoLRE an all IP platform is easily achieved.
Uses for Phybridge PoLRE:
- IP Telephony
- IP wireless access points
- IP cameras
- IP speakers
- Any IEEE compliant device
Introducing PowerWISE, Another Industry First
PoLRE switches come standard with PowerWISE technology, providing the flexibility to use either AC or DC power sources with the same switches. Power sharing, load balancing, hot swappable power supply, AC/DC options — the PoLRE switches are amongst the lowest power consuming data switches in the industry. A highly-reliable local area switch network powered by PowerWISE with multiple sources of redundancy allows for the most robust PoE platform in the industry.
Lower Total Cost of Ownership. No network assessments, no rip and replacing of the infrastructure, no expensive environmental considerations for distributed closets and best of all, no financial risk. As a result, companies can allocate more of their available budget on applications and application adoption driving a better overall return on investment.
Low Risk, Quick & Easy to Deploy. A ‘plug and play’ deployment strategy combined with leveraging an existing proven reliable infrastructure allows customers to confidently install a Phybridge backbone. You can quickly migrate to IP telephony saving time while minimizing network and business disruption.
Optimized Converged Local Area Network. The single point of central convergence and the dedicated voice path for each IP phone results in the most robust, reliable and secure topology achievable. Voice quality of service, voice continuity and a highly secure topology come standard with Phybridge.
Network Redundancy and Resilience. PoLRE switches are designed to ensure uptime and availability. The PoLRE PowerWISE features providers load sharing, power sharing, load balancing and AC/DC power flexibility to create redundancy. Unlike many other data switches, the PoLRE switch was also designed to maintain connectivity even when the software fails.
Simple Network Management. The physical separation of voice traffic combined with user friendly management GUI eliminates the complexities of managing a LAN topology with ever changing voice, video, and data traffic sharing a single path. By giving real-time voice applications a dedicated physical path, your IT staff can easily manage their network ensuring quality of service regardless of network loads.
Beyond Convergence Made Simple. The data needs of a business constantly evolve with data LANs changing every 3 to 5 years. You will save money while eliminating change management risk knowing you have a dedicated Phybridge infrastructure supporting the bandwidth and power needs for your IP phones. A move to gigabit to support the evolving data needs of users does not require you to buy expensive gigabit phones or POE data switches resulting in significant future savings.
PoLRE PL-024/PL-048 leverages telephone cabling infrastructure to create a parallel network with Power-over-Ethernet. This is a plug-and-play solution that can be deployed quickly and easily with the default configuration.
- 1U - 1.75" x 17.13 " x 9.92" (H x W x D) (4.45 x 43.5 x 25.2 cm)
- 7.96 lbs (3.61 kg)
- Standalone or rack or shelf-mountable
- 2 brackets included for installation
- Broadcom BCM56018 switch processor, 266MHz
- 32MB FLASH, 64MB DDR SDRAM
- 2 on chassis, 2 on power supply unit
- -10 to 50°C
- 10% to 95% (non-condensing) at 35°C
- Autosensing 100-240VAC, 50/60 Hz.
- Hot-Swappable Power Supply Unit
- Power output: 500W max at 100VAC, 1000W max at 240VAC
- Model PL-024: 16.5W
- Model PL-048: 22W
- DC voltage: -54VDC
- Endpoint devices must be compliant with IEEE 802.3af
- 2 male connectors (rear), DC IN and DC OUT: -52VDC
- 2 mini-GBIC ports: 1000 Base-TX/SX/LX/EX/ZX/LHX (determined by SFP, transceiver module installed), Ethernet IEEE 802.3z, fiber optic cable, or
- 2 RJ45 ports: 10/100/1000 Base-T autosensing, independent speed selection, Ethernet IEEE 802.3, CAT5e copper cable
- Model PL-024: 1 RJ21 male telco connector (standard), 24 pairs used.
- Model PL-048: 2 RJ21 male telco connectors (standard), 48 pairs used.
- Maximum distance: 1200' (365.76m) CAT3 UTP cable, 24 AWG.
- Speed: 10Mbps (full duplex)
- PoE power: 10 Watts.
- In-band management: provide all system OAM&P functions: software updates, configurations import/export, and management system interaction through Ethernet trunk port.
- Out-of-band management: provide management interfaces through a 100 Base-T auto-sensing Ethernet Interface.
- Serial Management: provides command line interface(CLI) with serial settings 115200/8/n/1 using RJ45 to DB9 cable (included in box)
- Configuration Management
- Performance Management
- Fault Management
- Status Monitoring
- Support IPv4 & IPv6 packets
- Support IEEE802.1d Ethernet bridge function between trunk Ether ports.
- Support Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) for the trunk interfaces per IEEE 802.1w
- Support IEEE 802.1q Port-based VLAN and Protocol-based VLAN
- Support 512 non-stacked VLAN-ID simultaneously ranging from 1 to 4095
- Support VLAN stacking and VLAN cross-connect
- Support static VLAN group and membership provisioning
- 1.8cm x 2.8cm x 6.5cm (HxWxD); 0.71” x 1.1” x 2.56” (HxWxD)
- 22 g (0.78 oz.)
- ABS (AF-312B)
- Inline between the CAT5 cable (to IP endpoint) and the CAT3 cable (to RJ11 jack)
- 1 RJ11 port: CAT3 unshielded single twisted pair cable. Between the wall plate and adapter, you can reuse the existing silver satin when doing a DNIC/POTS displacement.
- 1 RJ45 port: 10 Base-T
- 54v max
- 37V when 1200' (365.76m) away from its PoLRE Switch Powers Class 1, Class 2 and some Class 3 IEEE 802.3af compliant IP devices
- 0° C to 40° C
- 10% to 95% (non-condensing) at 35° C
Product ID: PL-PA011
- PhyLink Adapters are media converters that connect between the single pair of voice-grade copper to a standard RJ45 Ethernet PoE connection for connectivity and power to the attached IP device.
- PhyLink Adapters are currently sold in pre-packs of six (6) adapters.
Product ID: PL-1000-PWR
- The Power Supply Unit for 24-Port & 48-Port PoLRE Switches is a single-phase, hot-pluggable, fan-cooled rectifier that provides up to 1000 W of highly-reliable DC power.
- This cost-effective reliable rectifier offers the optimal 1U shelf solution for space critical applications.
- The constant output power characteristics as well as the extended temperature range, universal AC input voltage range and compact size are key attributes that make this rectifier the right choice for your power needs.
- Power Supply Units are currently sold individually.
- Click Here for Datasheet
Product ID: PL-DCCBL
- DC Power Cables are currently sold in pre-packs of four (4) cables.